Whilst many CIOs or CTOs may recognise the benefits of introducing some of the elements, above, there may be a concern about the feasibility of implementing them into the IT Production organisation.
Implementing Change into an organisation such as IT Production (which, by itís nature is Change averse) takes skilled consultants who understand the IT Production culture.
With the correct skills in place, a systematic approach can be taken.
The main steps in a major MOPS deployment are typically as follows:
- ANALYSE existing IT Production under the MOPS headings.
- IDENTIFY the gaps under each of these headings.
- PRIORITISE from IT Production perspective, but alsoÖ.
- ENGAGE with Sponsors and Business, to get appropriate buy-in,
- CREATE the Strategic Roadmap owned by all stakeholders,
- INCREMENTALLY role out changes to the way the department works
This incremental approach can be used to ensure that changes are deployed effectively in IT Production.